WHAT WE DO
Nevada Counties Map
CURRENT PROJECT INFORMATION
The NNOECC reviews project information and contract awards that typically involve the work of operating engineers and contractors who are signatory to the Operating Engineers Local 3.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2023
In 2023, the Northern Nevada Operating Engineers Contract Compliance Fund, Inc., reviewed and monitored over 100 projects in Northern Nevada and filed 6 complaints with the Nevada Labor Commissioner.
- The activities of the Northern Nevada Operating Engineers Contract Compliance Fund, Inc. resulted in over $41,000 in additional wages being paid to employees working on public works projects in Northern Nevada.
- The Northern Nevada Operating Engineers Contract Compliance Fund, Inc. worked with Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3 signatory contractors to complete the 2023 Nevada Prevailing Wage Survey. Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3 prevailed in the Operating Engineer job classification and in the Surveyor job classification.
Training and Outreach
- Communicate compliance efforts and provide information to contractors and stakeholders on applicable federal and state laws and regulations and policy developments from various federal and state agencies to keep contractors informed about construction compliance.
- Assess compliance-related educational needs and oversee and conduct training for contractors and other stakeholders to assist them on compliance issues.
Monitoring and Oversight
- Monitor construction projects to ensure compliance with state prevailing wage requirements, federal Davis-Bacon wage requirements, and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Conduct field work and visit and inspect construction projects and prepare reports and findings related to compliance efforts.
Complaints and Other Actions
- File complaints and/or other actions with applicable federal and state agencies to enforce state prevailing wage laws, federal Davis-Bacon wage requirements, and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Pursue opportunities to expand union market share through legislative and administrative advocacy, compliance efforts, and working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders and affiliated entities and community partners to ensure alignment on key initiatives.